Thursday, December 6, 2007

Just Wondering...

Hi folks,

I was wondering if the Advent series is helping you out? Has it been useful with your families? I could really use some feedback. Yesterday's post "Suffering Servant" was a tough one and dealt with a bunch of difficult Scripture.

Let me let you in on the philosophy that I have taken with these posts. My plan is to produce a study that provides the Scripture and a devotional reading on a level that will be suitable for grown-ups. I am just not equipped to try to write these devotions on the level that a small child can understand. I just haven't had much practice with that! However, I have tried to provide meat for the adults with the assumption (a dangerous thing, I know) that parents will process this material and present it in a way that will be meaningful to whatever age children they have. I have also tried to write questions that will spark conversations that get at the heart of the devotion rather than just have pat answers.

So now I need to know how well these devotions are hitting these goals. What would make them better?

If you don't know how to post a comment it is pretty simple (once you know what to do.) Look at the bottom right hand corner of a post - all the way at the end. You will see in the bottom margin something that says "X comments." (Where X represents a number between 0 and... well, I don't know how high they go!) Click on it. It will open a box where you can enter your comment. You'll receive further instructions once you get this far. It really isn't hard.

Of course you can also just email me if you know the address!

Thanks!

2 comments:

Cameron said...

I wonder how to interpret the silence with respect to comments here?

Maybe folks just don't want to commit to a statement, or don't know how, or another reason.

I trust those using this tool are grateful and blessed, we just may not know until Paradise.

Thanks for the many efforts.

Jonathan said...

Thanks, Cam. Sometimes you wonder if it is worth the hours' worth of work that gets put into each post. There are always other things to do, and it is tempting to leave this very time consuming project in favor of the other very important time consuming projects queuing up behind.

I do hope that it is time well spent. At the very least, I am getting the opportunity to consider these things, and that is valuable regardless of any wider impact.

I really appreciate your support!