Friday, September 28, 2007

New Song Coming Sunday Morning!

Rick and I were working on music yesterday and were looking at a song that we had in the songbook. Neither of us really liked the tune, but we both liked what the words had to say. As we parted I told Rick that I'd see what I could do and see if I could find a new tune for this hymn.

After a day of running errands, I was concerned that I wouldn't have the time to write something, but God really came through! In about 15 minutes I had written most of the tune and within another 30 minutes I had transcribed the tune into Finale Notepad. What was most miraculous of all was that I got the rhythms right on the first try! I NEVER do that. Either I am finally starting to learn a little theory, or God was just looking out for me...

Well, He's ALWAYS looking out for me!

It isn't a Brandenburg Concerto, but I like the end result. The song title is Let Your Heart Be Broken. My sister, Vanessa Dellinger, also contributed a good suggestion for a modification of my original tune. Her version is less hokey! (We're going with her version.)

No comments: