Thursday, November 22, 2007

Gratitude

"Thank you."

Such a simple thing to say, isn't it?
Apparently not. How often to YOU say it daily? Weekly?
Be honest now, are you someone who is known to others as a person expressive of gratitude?

Okay, enough questions. On this Thanksgiving Day 2007 I want to make a clear statement: "I am thankful." God takes top spot on my heart's list of those to whom I am indebted, of course. Apart from the enduring grace of my loving Heavenly Father I would have nothing but he fleeting fancies of this perishing world to serve as my focus of effort and affection. He has liberated me from that futility by providing for my eternal life through faith in His son, the Risen One, Christ Jesus.

Family, friends, faith, fun, fulfillment and forever . . . I am so blessed!

"Thank you, God, for freely giving to me without condition. You have paid the price for my eternal life, provided for my every true need, placed me into genuine community, and promised that the best is yet to come. I am grateful, eternally grateful. Thank YOU, Lord."

Happy Thanksgiving, Carol, Kelley, Kristin & Chad, and Norma Jean; Happy Thankgiving, Gilda & Bill, Judy & Bill, Terri, Chad and Alex, and all the extended family; Happy Thanksgiving, Rochester-in-laws; Happy Thanksgiving, StillWaters community; Happy Thanksgiving, dear friends from Florida, Michigan, South Carolina and North Carolina (and from Canada, where you beat us by over a month when it comes to Thanksgiving!); and, Happy Thanksgiving to our brave and sacrificial members of the US Military Branches: Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines and Navy. Without your thoughtful and selfless service as warriors securing our peace and freedom we would have neither reason nor opportunity for a national celebration of thanksgiving today. God bless and protect you, every one. Come home safely and soon.

May every person reading these words experience sincere gratitude of heart for all the marvelous blessings we share in this life, the promises of fullness in the next, and the subtle miracles we luxuriate in each day. Remember your Creator and Savior, Jesus Christ, or come to Him in faith today. Express your thanks to those around you for their personal additions to your life. Serve one another in humility and the power of the Holy Spirit, in the name of Christ and know the delight of your Heavenly Father.

I wish you well, regardless of your circumstances. "Be thankful in all things, for this is the will of God for you, in Christ Jesus." He loves you. Return the favor in thankfulness.

And to each of you who have graced my days, "Thank You."
Really.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Thank you too, Cameron. I'm really glad that you posted today. I wanted a post here today, but am not really in the writing mood. I'm glad that you did it for me! THANKS! Besides, I couldn't have said it any better.