Friday, November 2, 2007

Welcome Home

HOME.

Just the sound of the word can cause a sense of well-being and relaxation, and walking through the door can actually bring about a comfort unknown elsewhere. After all, it's HOME. It's were I live. It's my place. I have my stuff here. My family surrounds me here. HOME.

Today, two young folks came home.

The relatively short distance between Rowan Regional Medical Center and the Vriesema home near Catawba College was the longest trip Lydia Marie has ever taken. (Her most difficult trip was being born on the 31st!) Woo Hoo, she's home. Let's agree in prayer that our Lord overflow His blessings to our dear friends, and allow a wonderful transition into the "rest of their lives" together.

A good bit longer trip was taken by our own local hero, David Taylor Harrison, USMC. Taylor made it back to North Carolina from Fallujah, Iraq following his second tour of duty in the war which continues. David, Angela, Skyler and Chase and the entire extended family rejoices at his safe return. We join them. This fine young man is a remarkable example of integrity, commitment, strength, and faith. We now may add our prayers to those of his loved ones who may see and hold Taylor again. Hallelujah.

Welcome home, you two. May you both grow and delight in the grace of Jesus Christ.

By the way, the best home and the best welcome will come along side our Savior as He brings us to be with Him in paradise after this life is through. By His grace and through faith we will be ushered into a place of mansions, according to some translations of the Scripture's promises.

I like it here a lot, but I am ready to go home.

2 comments:

Cephas said...

There is no doubt - there is NO place like home!

Jonathan said...

Make it 3! We got home about 7:00 tonight. However, I'm heading back out tomorrow for the mountains and a visit with my Grandmother.

The time away has been refreshing. I'm glad I took it. I feel like I can take another long run now. I have missed being with you all and will look forward to getting back into the normal routine starting Monday.