Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Great News!

My good friend and editor of the blog "Thoughts Along The Way," Deborah, was able to witness the rebirth of her youngest child this morning!

Children have such a zeal for all of life's treasures, no wonder the Lord said to come to Him as little children! I think the Lord delights in their "ooooo's" and bubbly joy. One of life's richest treasures is that of our salvation. Little did I know the Lord had a blessed treasure awaiting me this morning, that of the privilege to lead our youngest to the Lord!

While the two older children were upstairs studying, he and I were sitting in our family room listening to beautiful worship music when I sensed the Lord beckoning me to talk with him. So I turned down the music and there as we cuddled together on the couch, I began talking to him about the importance of making his own decision to let the Lord come into his heart. I prayed softly over him and told him to listen for the Lord. I let him know I would be there for him if he decided to open his heart to Jesus. I turned the music back up and sat holding this precious child of mine. After a few minutes, he sat up and said, "I want to ask Jesus into my heart now -- right now." And so -- he did! After I prayed over him for the second time that morning, he cuddled back up into my arms and laid there for some time -- breathing deep -- at perfect peace. Some moments later, he bounded off the couch and ran upstairs to find his older brother and sister to tell them the good news. They were so excited for him! They proceeded to bounce around -- hugging him and telling him how happy they were that he was now a part of our Christian family forever and forever. He also wasted no time in sharing his news with "daddy" at work. It was a time of much rejoicing!
Join us in thanking God for our new little brother!

No comments: